Legal name of the company
Ingka Centres Portugal, S.A., with head office at Avenida Doutor Óscar Lopes 4450-337 Leça da Palmeira - Matosinhos, legal entity 507 161 025.
What kind of personal information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register for one of our services.
We also collect information from you when you voluntarily answer questionnaires, give us your opinion and participate in competitions or contests. This information is collected on the basis of legitimate interest in order to inform you about the results of questionnaires or competitions and contests.
We may also collect information from you when we obtain your consent for you to receive information about the shopping centre, the activities and promotions we organise or the activities and promotions of our partners. Your consent is freely given, informed, purpose-specific, explicit and unambiguous. This consent can be withdrawn at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
We also collect your personal data for the following purposes, and on the indicated legal basis:
- LEGO® FAN FACTORY: data of the children and their guardians, for the purposes of access, stay and exit of the child in the space [fulfilment of the contract].
- Surveillance cameras (CCTV): to ensure the protection of our visitors and employees, we collect images in the shopping centre, as required by law. Our legal basis is the legitimate interest in ensuring the safety of people and goods, and the images will be stored for 30 days in servers within the European Union, protected with technical and administrative mechanisms.
- Visitor and footfall analysis system: at MAR Shopping Algarve we use video surveillance technology to carry out visitor and footfall analysis. This helps us understand how visitors use our shopping centre. This technology uses algorithms based on clothing recognition to create these analyses. It does not involve the processing of any biometric or 'special category' personal data. To be clear, your clothing is the only data we process, and only as part of a larger overall pattern of movement in the shopping centre. The data processed is used to find out how you use our shopping centre.
The data is only retained for 24 hours and is deleted after that period. The legal basis for processing this personal data is our legitimate interest in collecting analysis on visits and footfall within the shopping centre in order to improve visitors' experience.
- Parking aid: we use video technology with number plate capture to perform statistical analysis and parking aid. This helps us understand how our visitors use our shopping centre and provides assistance in locating their car. The limited personal data collected for this purpose is retained for 30 days and deleted after that period. The legal basis for processing this personal data is the legitimate interest about visiting and parking in the indoor car park, in order to improve the experience of our visitors.
- Wi-Fi Service - Personal Data: in the legitimate interest of providing customer service, our partner will process and store, on our behalf, the MAC (media access control) address of your device for a maximum period of 5 hours from the time you disconnect from the service. Without this limited processing, it will not be technically possible for Ingka Centres to provide you the service.
If you accept authentication with the MAC address, our partner will store the MAC address of your device on our behalf. This will allow your device to be recognised each time you return to the shopping centre, without you having to log in each time. Your MAC address will be stored for a period of one year and one day from the date of your last visit and after this period it will be permanently deleted. If you return to the shopping centre after this period, you will need to log in again.
- Participation in promotions, events and competitions: for the purposes of participation, in order to inform winners and to comply with the legally and fiscally required [consent].
- Newsletter subscription: to receive information about the shopping centre and its tenants and partners [consent].
- Loyalty programmes: in order to offer discounts and additional advantages to our customers [consent].
- Loan of equipment, such as baby seats, mobile phone chargers, wheelchairs, among others [fulfilment of the contract].
- Delivery and sharing to third parties of curriculum vitae [consent].
- Social media: to share information about the shopping centre, its tenants and partners and in order to respond to comments and messages received through these platforms [legitimate interests].
- Suggestions/complaints forms: to know our visitors’ opinion [consent].
- Lost & Found objects registration forms: to identify persons who may have lost or found objects [legitimate interests].
- Sale of loyalty products (Gift Vouchers, Companies Menu, Dinner & Cinema Menu, Dinner & Cinema Menu & Car Wash, Gift Card, among others): data collection for billing purposes [fulfilment of legal obligation].
- Chatbot: the data provided to the chatbot service is used to help you with questions you may have concerning the Ingka Centres Portugal, S.A. shopping centres in Portugal. The data processing is done for the purpose of administrative and analytical support, being the legal basis of the provision of a service. The processed data is collected when you contact us through the Chatbot.
The data will be stored on servers within the European Union for the purpose described above for 13 months.
How will we use the information collected?
We collect your personal information to manage your account and, if you agree, send you emails, text messages and postal mail information about other products and services that we think may be of interest to you. We use the information collected from our website to customize your return visits to our website. If you agree, we may transfer your personal information to other companies within the INGKA (IKEA) Group and to the shopping centre tenants so that they can offer you their products and services. With your consent we may share your information for marketing purposes with external companies and agencies who provide marketing and related services on our behalf. The data we collect will not be disclosed outside the European Union.
Access to your information for marketing purposes
We would like to send you information about products and/or services from our shopping centre and our tenants that may be of interest to you. If you have given your consent to receive marketing communications, you can revoke your consent at a later date. You may at any time request that we no longer contact you for marketing purposes or that we no longer transmit your information to other companies. If you do not wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to and rectification of your information
Without prejudice to the retention periods specifically referred to in some of the purposes, we will retain your information for the period of time necessary to fulfil the purpose of each respective processing, or for such other period as may be legally required.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of any part or all of your personal information, please email us at email@example.com. We want to ensure that your personal information is correct and up to date. You can ask us to correct or remove information that you believe is inaccurate. You may also lodge a complaint with the National Commission for Data Protection (CNPD).
Where it is considered to be a material change, we will inform you by appropriate means and by email if you are registered and active on our database.
How you can contact us
We will use your personal data to send you emails with our newsletters about the shopping centre and its merchants and partners. We also gather statistics around link clicks using encoded URL, which do not use any technology (eg local storage, cookies etc) to store or access data on your device. We collect this information to help us monitor and improve our newsletter.