Screening - Breast Friends
As part of National Breast Cancer Prevention Day on October 29th, MAR Shopping Algarve will be demonstrating breast self-examination using prostheses.
As part of National Breast Cancer Prevention Day, on October 29 there will be a demonstration of breast self-examination, using a prosthesis.
The "Breast Friends" screening is free and will take place from October 23 to 27. It is only necessary to book in advance by contacting 302063457 or emailing clinicaloule@grupohpa. com, indicating the MAR Shopping Algarve campaign.
To take part in the screening, those interested should collect their voucher from the Information Desk, from October 23 to 27.
Eligibility requirements for screening
In order to carry out this examination, a number of requirements must be met, such as:
1. Age 40 or over, completed by October 1, 2023.
2. Users with a first-degree family history of risk (mother or sister), aged 35 or over.
3 . Asymptomatic users (without associated breast symptoms; for prevention purposes only).
4. Agree to the terms of the HPA -MAR SHOPPING BREAST CANCER PREVENTION CAMPAIGN.
5. Are booked on the day and time set by the HPA Clinic in MAR Shopping
6. Have not had Breast Cancer diagnosed or in the treatment phase, or awaiting treatment after confirmation of a positive result for Breast Cancer.
7. Have not had a screening or diagnostic mammogram in the last year.
8. Have not had a mammogram in the last year with a BI RADS 3 classification (with an indication to repeat the exam in 6 months).
9. This exam is not a follow-up.
10. Have not had breast reduction/mastopexy or augmentation surgery in the last 3 months.
11. Have not had thyroid cancer in the last 5 years (or are undergoing treatment).
12. Are not undergoing radiotherapy treatments for another thoracic neoplasm (lung, mediastinum, thymus, pleura, heart or skin on the chest.
13. Do not have traumatic signs in the breast, such as burns, bruises or incised wounds.